The Canon CJ20EX7.8B is a portable 20x zoom lens for professional 2/3″ video cameras. Designed for 4K image capture, the CJ20EX7.8B provides optimal reproduction for shots ranging from establishing vistas to revealing closeups. This model can be used in a variety of production applications, including narrative projects and broadcast sports coverage. The focal-length range is 7.8-156mm with a minimum object distance of 2.6′. The lens maintains its 4K performance even when using the built-in 2x extender (for a maximum range of 15.6-312mm). The lens is designed with aspheric elements to minimize monochromatic and chromatic aberrations, even at wide focal lengths. It has a focus barrel with 170° of rotation, enabling quick, accurate focus pulls. This lens works with standard Canon-compatible zoom and focus control systems.
The CJ20EX7.8B’s digital drive unit features three highly accurate FIZ (focus/iris/zoom) data encoders which can be connected to support virtual/compositing systems. The drive unit’s encoder does not require initialization upon powering up, enabling a quick shooting start. Weighing under five pounds, the CJ20EX7.8B’s center of gravity is closer to the lens mount for better balance, and reduces stress on the operator’s hands. For easier operating, this zoom also features a Basic Mode with a simplified display.
- Optically designed to minimize monochromatic and chromatic aberrations; includes aspheric elements
- High 20x zoom ratio covers a popular range (7.5-156mm) used in various applications
- Maintains 4K optical performance even when using the built-in 2x extender
- Suitable for 4K field shooting with a lightweight form factor, a digital drive for precision control, and 170° focus barrel rotation for rapid focus pulls
- Compatible with standard Canon zoom and focus control systems FIZ (focus/iris/zoom)
- The digital drive’s encoder supports metadata output for virtual/compositing systems; the encoder does not require initialization, saving time at start up